|Monday, March 31st, 2008|
anyone know where i can find it? or any ideas of the easiest way to make it?
thanks in advance!
|Thursday, January 10th, 2008|
I finally get to see how the crowd will react to a new talent this Sunday. I have been working on my rifle routine for the past couple of months. However, I recently decided on a song. I have been very picky on song selection. Being an English major, I look very closely at the messages behind songs. My friend helped me choose "Just a Girl" by No Doubt. I, personally, think the song will be perfect because throughout some works of literature, rifles represent manhood. In the song, the girl is demanding to be treated with respect and not looked at as "just a girl". She is proving to the guys that she is capable of doing things on her own, regardless of wheter or not society agrees. I don't think anyone will see that far into my song selection, but we shall see! Current Mood: cheerful
|Friday, November 16th, 2007|
A new place to hang your crown!
I know this could be conisdered tacky. And I'd never do it otherwise, but since your community no longer has a moderator and isn't very active, I'd like to invite you all to join "Pageant Place: A Place to Hang Your Crown." It's a new community I started and plan to moderate. The link is here: http://community.livejournal.com/pageantlove/profile
About me: My name is Branden. I'm not a pageant girl. I'm a pageant guy! I'm a total guru and have judged several pageants. I'm constantly wanting to talk pageants so I thought LJ might be an outlet. Come by and join me!
|Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007|
From Fox News...
HA! I LOVE IT! Miss England Told to 'Fatten Up' to Win Miss World Title
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Twenty-year-old Miss England, Georgia Horsley, has a figure many women envy.
But the size-eight model, originally from North Yorks, England, has been told to “fatten up” if she wants a shot at winning the Miss World pageant, the Daily Mail reported Tuesday.
The organizers of the pageant, to be held Dec. 1 in Sanya, China, reportedly are looking for contestants with more voluptuous body types — ones representative of the average woman.
Click hear to read more from the DailyMail.com
"Miss World judges like naturally curvy girls and don't like the stick-thin women you see on the catwalks,” Horsley told the Daily Mail.
"They promote healthy eating and I want to help them get that message across, so I'm giving it my all." Current Mood: cheerful
|Saturday, September 15th, 2007|
|Saturday, August 25th, 2007|
I need some advice on pageantry; this will be a great place to find just that! I have been competing in pageants for about a year now. I have had problems finding a talent that fits me. I participated in JROTC in high school where I was on a rifle exhibition team. This is the only thing I am really comfortable with, but it seems like an awkward talent. Has anyone encountered a talent that was unusual? If so, how did the talent pan out? I would like to develop an idea of what type of reception this type of talent would have. Thanks for the help!! Current Mood: chipper
|Thursday, August 16th, 2007|
Hey Guys! Okay, I'm going to compete in my first ever pageant with Mao. I decided I will either play the piano or sing and I decided to sing. I"m not the best, but i'm decent and can work on it. Any song ideas? I thought of Man, I feel like a woman, Last Dance and On the Radio........what do you guys think??? There's a 10,000 cash scholarship at stake here. I wanna win it!!!! Current Mood: cheerful
|Sunday, August 12th, 2007|
anybody got any good ideas about how to NOT eat a bunch of food? this is def my biggest setback.
Hello, lovelies. I am preparing for my county pageant for the Miss California system, which will take place in my area not until next March. However, this is good, and gives me all the time in the world I need to prepare. I haven't exactly gotten a lot of the pageant abbreviations down, so my wording might seem a little off, but in time, I will. So I apologize in advance for that.
My main question was, if anyone had any books or other training tools they'd recommend? I've used two books I loved before, but am thinking of looking for something a bit different, since I have been out of the pageant scene for a few years. I'm just looking for a few tools to help pageantry make a smooth slide back into my brain :).
If anyone has any suggestions or any sort/tips/stories/anything, I'd be more than willing to listen.
Thanks, and looking forward to speaking with you all! Current Mood: excited
|Wednesday, June 6th, 2007|
Question for everyone
I was wondering if anyone in here competes in the Miss Universe Organization? If so, do any of you know if a person is still eligible to compete if they have been on a tv show(reality show?) I'm really curious about this! Thanks girls:)
|Friday, February 2nd, 2007|
5 a week (2x again!)
1. How can teachers more effectively encourage their students to complete their education?
2. What is your greatest extravagance? Why?
3. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Why?
4. What would you like to see done to help local communities cope with waste disposal problems?
5. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Why?
1. What makes being Miss/Mrs./Mr. __________ a big deal?
2. What would you do if you noticed a self-destructive behavior pattern in a friend?
3. If you could be any part of a car, which part would you choose to be? Why?
4. On what occasion do you lie? Why?
5. Which trait do you most deplore in others? Why?
|Tuesday, January 30th, 2007|
I was at Miss America all week...
Just thought you'd like another perspective...
Lauren really stood out. Her gown was great and she truly commands the stage when she walks. What I like about her swimsuit is that she isn't anorexic looking...she looks healthy. She obviously has a great voice, they just chose an awful song for her. While her question was not up to par, none of the girls really were. In fact, Georgia had the best answer and the other two didn't answer the question. But honestly, by that point, it doesn't even really matter. I'm convinced that the judges knew who they wanted by then.
Unfortunately, while most there agreed that while Shilah's story is incredible, she isn't exactly the direction Miss America is going for. Miss America is wanting someone who feels really fresh and natural, not necessarily an interview queen (which is why Alabama didn't make it). Shilah was much better in prelims and I'm sorry, but her hair and make up were NOT good. I absolutely love her voice and her past is amazing, but every question she was asked she turned into a sob story about herself. ( Read more...Collapse )
|Monday, January 29th, 2007|
Miss America 2007
I'm sitting here completely astounded. How did Miss Oklahoma manage to still win with the answer she gave to her on stage question. I mean being a role model has nothing to do with getting women equal pay in the work force.
With the overall pageant though I was impressed. Miss Alabama has a beautiful voice, I think she should have made top 3.
What does everyone else think?
|Saturday, January 13th, 2007|
1. What is the name of your state song? Can you sing it or hum the tune?
2. What are the chief products of your state? Which is most important? Why?
3. What is your state's nickname? Why?
4. Tell me some important history about your state (community).
5. Describe your state flag.
And how about another shot?
1. What bothers you most about what is happening in the world today? Why?
2. Which is more important: those who are in the news, those who report the news, or those who interpret the news? Why?
3. What can you learn from children?
4. What feeling is most difficult for you to express? Why?
5. What is it that you do that drives your parents crazy? Why do you do it? Is there a substitute for this?
|Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007|
Five-a-Week for 1/2/07
1. What makes you mad? Why? How do you handle that?
2. Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10: Personality. Achievement. Appearance. Why?
3. Tell me about some of your family's traditions.
4. If you were a single parent with dependent children and without funds, and you found yourself without work, would you apply for welfare? Why or why not?
5. What makes you an appropriate role model for teenagers in the United States (your community, your school, etc.)?
|Wednesday, December 27th, 2006|
Justin Rudd's Five A Week
I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but Justin Rudd, a pageant consultant out of California, runs a website called Pageantstar.com As I'm sure more of you know, interview's are just as important as looking good. Anyway, Justin puts out five questions weekly to help prepare contestants for the interview portion. Here are the questions for last week and this week that I received. Reply to the post if you wish to answer, but I think that they are really helpful, if nothing more than to consider what your response would be...
1. Who has been your favorite United States President? Why?
2. Is there anything you do not have an opinion about? If so, what? Why or why not?
3. If you had to give away all of your possessions today, to whom would you give them? Why?
4. Are there any famous people in your family? If so, who? Tell me about them.
5. Would you choose to be famous if you could? Why or why not?
1. We learn from our parents. What have your parents learned from you?
2. What should the penalty be for selling drugs to minors? Why?
3. Women's roles in the United States have changed dramatically since the 1960's (your birth). What change would you like to see next?
4. If you married, would you agree to your husband doing the housework while you worked a job? Why or why not?
5. Would you say that people all over the world are different or the same? Why?
|Tuesday, December 26th, 2006|
Did anyone else notice that our moderator is no longer an LJ member? Current Mood: curious
|Friday, December 22nd, 2006|
hi. im in middle school and i have competed in National American miss once and made the top 25. i wuz wondering if i could join your comunity.
p.s. i like the pink dress.
|Thursday, December 21st, 2006|
So Miss USA...
Been a interesting week for the Donald and his pageant hasn't it...
|Thursday, October 19th, 2006|
Hey guys! I am contemplating producing my own pageant! I have given it serious thought and am alreayd looking into venues, dates, all that great stuff! I thought a fun topic would be prize ideas!!! What are some prizes you think would be a nice little addition to the prize package??? Keep in mind that i may not be making a huge profit but what are some prizes under 100 that you think would be a cool idea? Thanks ladies!